I know I’m an accessories addict.
I can’t afford the haute couture bags that I love. I would feel too guilty and Hubster would kill me. Plus, I’m so quioxtic that unless I LOVE a bag and I know I will have it for years, I won’t plunk down huge amounts of cash for it.
However, I found a site where I can go luxe without the guilt:
Avelle: It’s the Netflix for designer handbags, sunglasses, watches and jewelry. If you like the bag, then you can buy at a reduced price!
Of course there’s always eBay. However, I’m the type that like to change things up a bit.
Are you in the market for a handbag? Whether you are going for leather, vinyl, or cloth, look over the bag with a fine tooth comb with the following guidelines:
The Frum Fashionista’s Guide to Handbag Happiness
Inspector Diva Time
* For leather handbags: make sure there’s no imperfections and it has an even color throughout.
* For any handbag: Look closely for holes. Check the lining and make sure that are no ripples, puckers, and stains.
* Stitching: must be even and tight; no loose threads; and most importantly not look shoddy!
*Hardware: check the clasps, zippers, and locks are put on properly. Make sure all the hardware works and is a snap to use. If you can’t get it to open easily in the store, don’t think you can do it on the street!
*Secure: make sure the handles are firmly attached to the bag. Look at the stress points like where the handles join the handbag and the zipper.
Handle Your Business
* Wrap your purse up in a cotton pillow case, towel, or sheet when you’re done for the season.
* Stuff your bags with newspaper or plastic to keep their shape!
* Clean your canvas bags with Ivory Liquid or Woolite!
* Vacuum the interior if it’s sturdy enough. Otherwise, shake it out and follow with a sticky lint roller sheet to catch whatever is left. Use baking soda to remove odors from the handbag interior. Then Febreeze the lining (and only the lining).
* For leather: Finished leather (doesn’t get water spots):Use a cup of warm water with a teaspoon of white vinegar to get rid of dirt and dust. For unfinished leather and vegetable dyed bags: use Lovin’ My Bags cleaner. A white eraser takes care of ink and most dirt.
What’s Should Be in Your Bag
Cell Phone, Palm Pilot, or gadget of your choice.
Vitamins and/or meds in a cute tin
I love Baby Phat, Kate Spade, Prada, Chanel, and of course Versace! I’m so not into Louis Vuitton. LV has gotten played out and I’m tired of seeing it. Sorry. Hermes on the other hand is such a rarity that I get giddly seeing it up close!
I also avoid Gucci like the plague although this season, I’m really digging some of the handbags.
Who are your fav designers?